Monday, September 13, 2010

Music Tape

You might of heard of a music tape back in the 90's, but what was so great about it? Best known as a cassette tape, this invention was originally intended for recording devices but became a popular way to record, and listen to music. Did you know that in 1979 Sony created a Walkman that helped the format become widely used and popular for all ages. You may remember using cassette tapes in the car instead of Cd's when you were a little kid. Those were the good old days, until we started upgrading our technology and cassette tapes became unpopular. To this day company's still make cassettes but it is very rare to find one being used. For a picture or more information about cassettes check out the website below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Cassette

2 comments:

  1. Yes Lauren! I used to have a Sony Walkman and if I look hard enough, I'll probably come across my old one! Sony put these little buggers on the map for sure. What a partnership! Sort of like I-Phone and AT&T, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still use my really old 80's and 90's casette tapes in an old stereo! I love them. Ah, the nostalgia...

    ReplyDelete

Think twice before you post. :)