Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Texting and Driving in RI

Did you know that in RI it is illegal to use your phone while driving? As of January 22, 2010 it was illegal. This is all because more and more fatal car accidents are happening. Texting while driving is a huge distraction to everyone that is doing it. If you text and drive you might not only hurt yourself but others around you. Since 1999 the Pawtucket Democrat has been trying to band hand held cell phones. But now research has shown even when you are using a Bluetooth, its distracting.
This morning I watched a commercial for a funeral home, it was about texting and driving. It said "if you text and drive, ill see you soon."

2 comments:

  1. I think we should be able to use headsets...I don't find them distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Texting while driving is really serious. When i get my license I'm most definitely not going to text and drive.

    ReplyDelete

Think twice before you post. :)